Friday, February 18, 2011

reflections from the dungeon

Recently I had the opportunity to inspect the rooms of a dungeon that are available to hire. It was interesting to see the rooms kitted out in such a cliched manner. Black walls, spanking benches, racks of whips and paddles, buckets of canes, ropes of various lengths and drawers filled with all those smaller items of torture.

Billy has expressed a desire to be disciplined in one of these venues. He craves the freedom to scream and yell without incurring the interest of the people who work around him and I am happy to give him what he desires, a thorough flogging. So I picked up each of one of the floggers, crops, paddles and whips to feel them in my hand and swipe them through the air. I found them uninspiring, workhorses for mass use.

It was then that I truly appreciated the care I have taken in selecting my own tools. Each fits in to my hand and invites use. The deerskin flogger is heavy and curves with a graceful arc to land on his back with a thoroughly satisfying thwack. I have a couples of canes made with different materials which I still have to master, a crop which amuses me (although not as much as the belt) and sundry smaller spanking instruments like the loathed hairbrush. With the addition of a paddle and whip my arsenal will be competent to meet billy's request without resorting to the use of the dungeons selection.

I returned home in a thoughtful mood. Until this point dungeons had held a romantic place in my fetish heart. The idea of a wall of tools and equipment for restraint was food for imagination. Now I can see that there is something unreal about them. It is so much more enjoyable to contemplate the vision of marty kneeling on my carpet or billy across my lap as I sit on the lounge. Something so much more subversive about the dildos nesting amongst lace and leather gloves in a box or the flogger strung from a hanger with my favorite dress.

The visit to the dungeon has revealed where there are gaps in my tool box and I will gradually add those items as I want to use them. But the greatest value of the visit was to open my eyes to the joy of dominance in the home.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your eyes have been opened to the joys of dominance in the homea and that you have much more planned.

    And thanks for commenting on my blog.

    FD

    ReplyDelete